Vermont Natural Coatings’ patented natural wood finish formula is an important advance over existing water-based finishes in application, quality, and environmental safety. They displace toxic components traditionally found in wood finish with recycled whey protein. A neutral odor, great coverage, quick drying, and easy cleanup make the PolyWhey family of finishes tough, environmentally smart coatings for all interior and exterior wood surfaces.
POLYWHEY® NATURAL FLOOR FINISH AND POLYWHEY® NATURAL FURNITURE FINISH
PolyWhey Floor finish is an evolved clear coating that uses recycled whey protein to make a durable and safe sealer and topcoat in one. Available in semi-gloss and satin finishes in quarts, gallons, and five gallon pails. Use PolyWhey Floor on new bare wood flooring or previously stained or coated wood floors. Use PolyWhey Furniture on bare wood or previously varnished or stained furniture, trim, cabinets, paneling, tabletops, and doors, as well as craft items.
- Durable coating seals and protects
- Coverage of 500-600 sq. ft. per gallon
- VOCs less than 180 g/L
- Scratch and chemical resistant
- Can be applied over oil-based stain or finish, as well as other waterborne finishes
- Clear finish for maximum visibility of wood grain
- Easy, single product application
- Dry time under 2 hours
- Neutral odor
- Fast, easy cleanup with soap and water
- Made from a renewable resource
POLYWHEY® EXTERIOR WOOD FINISH
This tough, element-repelling finish creates a non-toxic, waterproof barrier and provides protection against mildew, mold, and harmful UV rays. A neutral odor, quick drying, and easy cleanup with soap and water make PolyWhey Exterior a durable, environmentally smart finish for all your exterior wood surfaces. Available in semi-transparent Acorn Brown, Autumn Red, and Lakeside Cedar in addition to transparent Caspian Clear in quart, gallon and five gallon pails. Use PolyWhey Exterior Finish on exterior wood decks, fences, siding, railings, outdoor furniture and other wood surfaces. May be used on new wood, pressure-treated wood and weathered wood.
- Transparent finish creates a non-toxic, waterproof barrier
- Durable coating protects against damaging UV rays
- Withstands mold and mildew
- Minimal, neutral odor
- Safe for people and pets
- Fast easy cleanup with soap and water
- Dries in under an hour
- Coverage of approximately 400 sq. ft. per gallon on smooth wood surfaces, 200 sq. ft. on rough wood
- Low VOC content of 95 g/L
- Made from a renewable resource
WOODTONE SERIES CONCENTRATED TINTS
Vermont Natural Coatings Woodtone Series Concentrated Tints are color rich, fade resistant and will transform the look of wood surfaces. These tints mix quickly and have superior colorfastness, ensuring consistent tone throughout the project. With zero VOC content and no flash point, Woodtone Series Concentrated Tints provide safe, professional color during and after application. Mix with clear PolyWhey® interior wood finishes to achieve desired color or to match ready-to-use PolyWhey Furniture Tints on interior wood surfaces. PolyWhey is the next generation of polyurethane, a truly waterborne wood finish that meets the highest professional and environmental standards.
- Instant dispersion
- Excellent transparency
- Stays in suspension
- Zero VOC content
- Can also be used to make a water or alcohol-based stain